This weekend I saw David Sedaris with my parents at the State Theatre in Minneapolis. He reminded me that 1) I love him and 2) I should catch up on my This American Life podcasts and 3) lots of things can be funny–even colonoscopies and dental surgery.
Oh yeah, and also, the State Theatre is really gorgeous. And old. I felt like I was back in Europe or something.
Also accomplished this weekend:
- I cleaned my apartment–dishes and all
- Re-watched the last two seasons of Arrested Development in preparation for its comeback in January 2013
- Took a yoga class…ahem…a restoration yoga class, meaning I didn’t break a sweat but rather laid on the floor of a dimly lit dance studio at the Y with a group of middle aged women
- Took a Kick-Boxing class, where I did break a sweat…and can only imagine how I’ll feel tomorrow
- Made “adult grilled cheese,” that is grilled cheese that is made from gouda and wheat bread–not suitable for children
- AND bought my mother a birthday present. Win.
While Halloween may have passed, we still have one good fall holiday left before we deck the halls, so I have decided to post some desktop patterns inspired by the season–before it’s too late.
I took these photos last fall at the arboretum and used some new (and old) patterns to spruce them up a little and add some more interest.